It was a wonderful opportunity to enjoy our heritage and culture as a community. Thank you to all the facilitators and workshop participants at the 2nd Kabilin Fest. The joyful and memorable celebration would not have been possible without your enthusiastic support.
Here are some photos from our 2nd KABILIN FEST community celebration at the MoNA:
- Event details: 2nd Kabilin Fest —Sat. May 17 & Sun. May 18, 2014 International Museum Day & Heritage Celebrations Presented by the Paulina Constancia Museum of Naïve Art and West Gorordo Hotel Cebu City, Philippines.
- May 17, Saturday Kick-Off Presentation 6 pm –Opening of “Moments of Motherhood” Traveling Mixed Media Art Exhibition of Paulina Constancia (Indonesia-Japan-Thailand-Malaysia-Singapore-Philippines)
- May 18, Sunday 6-9 AM TINDAK SUGBO (Bike Cebu) “Suroy sa Care Services for Aged, Women & Children” 6:00 AM – Assembly 6:30 AM – Start of Bike Tour at West Gorordo Hotel *FREE Painit & Prizesupon return from Bike Tour
1:00 to 4:30 PM INTERACTIVE WORKSHOPS & TALKS
1. DULA/TRADITIONAL TOYS & GAMES
- Learn how to make traditional toys: Shatong, Sigay, Karatong Facilitators: Alex Alicamen of West Gorordo Hotel’s Living Traditions Program and Junie Rosima of The Mayflower Inn’s Living Traditions Program
- Learn How to Play Traditional Filipino Games: Sungka, Lastikohay, etc. Facilitators: Marlon Torrefiel of The Mayflower Inn’s Living Traditions Program Concordia Lawas of West Gorordo Hotel’s Living Traditions Program
2. PAGKAON/ TRADITIONAL FOOD
- KAKANIN : Learn how to make Filipino snacks Facilitator: Zed Lee of Journeys Café
- PINOY VEGETARIAN Learn how to make Pinoy vegetarian dishes like Dinuguan & Kare-kare Facilitator: Science of Identity Foundation
- AYSKRIM: Learn to make traditional Filipino Ice Cream Facilitator: Joel Lee of Gelato Eliseo: JME Food Products
This concludes Part 1 of Snapshots from the 2nd Kabilin Fest
Pingback: Snapshots from the 2nd Kabilin Fest- Part 1 | PAULINA … | Veg Fiesta