Thank you so much to all the GSK Goers who made the Museum of Naïve Art a part of their GSK adventure on Friday, May 26, 2017, 6 pm to midnight. We would also like to extend our deepest gratitude … Continue reading
We are happy to share the news that Paulina Constancia is one of the artists selected to participate in this year’s naif art festival in Poland.
This is the 10th of this annual festival which happens in Katowice, which is located in Upper Silesia. (the southeastern part of the historical and geographical region of Silesia, located mostly in Poland, with small parts in the Czech Republic. Read more )
Below is some information about Upper Silesia from the gallery’s website:
Upper Silesia is traditionally perceived as an industrial region. From the beginning of the XIX century it developed as an important region of mines and steel works. Still, not deprived of art. Colorful world of so-called “naive” artists appeared in the heart of industrial Silesia in the 1930s, when a group of amateur painters, miners working in Giesche mine, was created under the leadership of Teofil Ociepka, strongly inspired by occultism. Their art was full of color, mystical images, drawings influenced by both mythology and classical painting motives, presenting often surreal embedded in Upper Silesian landscape. The group called then „Grupa Janowska” is still active today.
The time has changed and many of industrial plants have been closed, but the magic of art is still here!
And here’s a little about the Art Naif Festiwal from the gallery’s website:
First edition of the Festival took place in 2008. From that time we are honored and pleased to host hundreds of artists from all over the world, together with thousands of their admirers. Mostly we present paintings, but also sculptures and ceramics. We are proud to work with wonderful artists from many different countries, including: Australia, Burkina Faso, Argentina, Israel, United States, Brazil, Tanzania, Venezuela and many European countries.
Year 2017 promises to be exceptionally great! The 10th Art Naif Festival will be held from 9th June until 18th August 2017. As each year we are planning many additional events and, since it will be our jubilee, more surprises can be expected. The exhibition will be accompanied with several lesser exposures organized in the local museums as well as many workshops, film screenings, lectures.
This year there are around 350 artists and nearly 40 countries represented . It will be an exciting celebration of art and culture.
Here are some photos of a roadside billboard in Katowice promoting the festival. The exhibition runs from June 9 to August 18.
- Post-GSK Rangoli Workshop with MRH
- The Cebu-India Connection
- Pre-GSK Rangoli Art Community Workshop – 3 of 3
- Pre-GSK Rangoli Art Community Workshop – 2 of 3
- Pre-GSK Rangoli Art Community Workshop – 1 of 3
- GSK 2017 at the MoNA
- Activities Listing for GSK 2017 at the MoNA
- Kita-Kita ‘ta sa Gabii sa Kabilin on May 26
- Cross-Cultural Workshop at UP Cebu (3 of 3)
- Cross-Cultural Workshop at UP Cebu (2 of 3)
- Cross-Cultural Workshop at UP Cebu (1 of 3)
- Messing with Yarn Catalogue Now Available On-Line
- ACMC Group Visits MoNA
- Music, Art and Friends!
- ABS-CBN Kapamilya Features the MoNA
- Kindai Uni students MoNA workshops (4 of 4)
- Kindai Uni students MoNA workshops (3 of 4)
- Kindai Uni students MoNA workshops (2 of 4)
- Kindai Uni students MoNA workshops (1 of 4)