MONA is happy to announce a new exhibition -SPONTANEOUS STROKES- on display at the lobby of West Gorordo Hotel starting January 10th. Scroll down for more information about this special display.
January 10- March 31, 2017
West Gorordo Hotel Lobby
Art created by 13 young girls rescued from difficult situations
Expressive Arts Workshop Facilitated by Paulina Constancia
This exhibition is made possible by the Paulina Constancia Museum of Naive Art [MoNA], West Gorordo Hotel, the Psychology Volunteers on Bikes and My Refuge House (MRH)
About the Collection
The works on display here are outputs from a recent expressive arts workshop facilitated by Paulina Constancia for 13 girls who have been rescued from difficult situations. The girls were tasked to make random brush strokes on paper using watercolor. At first, they were confused with what they were doing and where their art was going. However, when they were done painting in the colors and were asked to look at their work from different angles, they were able to figure out the hidden message amid the layers of colors. The girls were quite surprised how a simple activity afforded them a window to their inner world.
The Crusade for the Rights of Women and Children
West Gorordo Hotel (WGH), through the Museum of Naïve Art [MoNA] Outreach Program, is a shining example of how a private institution can crusade for the rights of women and children.
MONA partners with the Psychology Volunteers on Bikes to facilitate expressive and experiential therapy for different women’s rights groups and their community partners.
Art is a constant agent of transformation and is indeed the soul’s drive to health.
– Cathy Malchiodi
The Soul’s Palette: Drawing on Art’s Transformative Powers for Health and Well-Being”
- Paulina’s Art in Greece Exhibition
- Waves of Hope Workshop in Moalboal- Part 3
- Waves of Hope Workshop in Moalboal- Part 2
- Waves of Hope Workshop in Moalboal- Part 1
- FUNtastic Fingerprints Workshop for IJM
- Dynamic Dots Workshop with Paglaum Training International – Part 3
- Dynamic Dots Workshop with Paglaum Training International – Part 2
- Dynamic Dots Workshop with Paglaum Training International – Part 1
- Spontaneous Strokes Workshop with MRH
- US Peace Corps Volunteers Visit MoNA
- Pandoo Foundation visits MoNA
- New Visitors from DTI and ProGED
- DTI and ProGED visit MoNA
- STC – Green Hotel & Museum Tour
- Montessori Kids visit the MoNA -part 2
- Montessori Kids visit the MoNA -part 1
- Project Baby Pink Turn-over
- Japanese Musical Connection
- July 30 Meet & Greet at MoNA