We are happy to share with you what we have lined up for this year’s GABII SA KABILIN CELEBRATION at the Museum of Naive Art [MoNA] .
“Mga Alidong” (Ceb.)
GSK 2017 at the MoNA
West Gorordo Hotel
The circle “alidong” (Ceb.)-a simple closed shape with unlimited possibilities is the focus of our GSK celebration this year. For a fun-filled GSK stop with us, please follow these steps:
- Buy GSK ticket
- Get the activity sheet for the MoNA TRIVIA BUZZ
- “Let’s Dance” Concentric Art Photo Booth
- Learn KENDAMA – a traditional cup and ball skill toy
- Browse and shop at the Indian Bazaar (Winnia Products International)
- Color a Rangoli Design
- The Dot – Storytelling, Movement and Artmaking (Facilitated by St. Michael’s Play Garden, Steiner Waldorf education in Cebu)
- TULDOK: Ukulele Sing-along with Venus Seno-Bernaldez of TURTULELE
- Watch brief introductory video of the Museum of Naïve Art [MoNA]
- Visit the MoNA and complete the TRIVIA BUZZ for a chance to win exciting prizes
- Visit MoNA Studio Gallery
- Meet and Greet with MoNA’s featured artist Paulina Constancia
- Learn about the CEBU- INDIA Cultural Connection
- View the art of our visiting Indian artist Yasha Dabas
- View the RANGOLI Art created by Yasha and her workshop participants
- Meet and greet with visiting artist Yasha Dabas
- Enjoy some FREE LINGIN-LINGIN snacks
- Get your TRIVIA BUZZ Activity Sheet checked and claim your surprise gift
- Visit our other permaculture-inspired museums:
Museum of Heritage and Folk Art (MoHFA) at The Mayflower Inn
Capitol Site, Cebu City
Museum of Bicycling (MoB) at the Elicon House
Cor. P. Del Rosario and Junquera Streets
A few months ago, we announced that Paulina’s art was selected as one of the pieces for an exhibition called “Messing with Yarn” at the Textile Arts Factory (TAF) Gallery in Greece. We are pleased to announce that TAF has published an exhibition catalogue and it is now available on amazon.com
Messing with Yarn Catalogue Cover
Paulina’s info and work are on pages 46 and 47.
Page 46 of the Messing with Yarn Catalogue
“HEARTFELT”, Art by Paulina Constancia, on page 47 of the Messing with Yarn catalogue
Learn more about the fascinating story of this gallery- Textile Arts Factory in Greece.
Kapamilya Segment Producer Nichee interviews Paulina at the MoNA
Nichee interviews Paulina about MoNA’s expressive arts workshop conducted for marginalized women and children.
There was special interest in MoNA’s on-going exhibition “Spontaneous Strokes” which was an output of an expressive arts workshop facilitated by artist Paulina Constancia for young survivors of violence and human trafficking.
Producer and cameraman pose with the birds at MoNA
Maayong Buntag Kapamilya aired the MONA feature on Friday, February 24th.
Click on this link to watch episode on ABS-CBN
MONA is happy to announce a new exhibition -SPONTANEOUS STROKES- on display at the lobby of West Gorordo Hotel starting January 10th. Scroll down for more information about this special display.
January 10- March 31, 2017
West Gorordo Hotel Lobby
Art created by 13 young girls rescued from difficult situations
Expressive Arts Workshop Facilitated by Paulina Constancia
This exhibition is made possible by the Paulina Constancia Museum of Naive Art [MoNA], West Gorordo Hotel, the Psychology Volunteers on Bikes and My Refuge House (MRH)
About the Collection
The works on display here are outputs from a recent expressive arts workshop facilitated by Paulina Constancia for 13 girls who have been rescued from difficult situations. The girls were tasked to make random brush strokes on paper using watercolor. At first, they were confused with what they were doing and where their art was going. However, when they were done painting in the colors and were asked to look at their work from different angles, they were able to figure out the hidden message amid the layers of colors. The girls were quite surprised how a simple activity afforded them a window to their inner world.
The Crusade for the Rights of Women and Children
West Gorordo Hotel (WGH), through the Museum of Naïve Art [MoNA] Outreach Program, is a shining example of how a private institution can crusade for the rights of women and children.
MONA partners with the Psychology Volunteers on Bikes to facilitate expressive and experiential therapy for different women’s rights groups and their community partners.
Art is a constant agent of transformation and is indeed the soul’s drive to health.
– Cathy Malchiodi
The Soul’s Palette: Drawing on Art’s Transformative Powers for Health and Well-Being”
Paulina Constancia has shared with us the great news that today, the 23rd, until the 3oth of December, her art, alongside the works of a few selected fiber artists, will be exhibited at the Textile Arts Factory in Thessaloniki, Greece.
The exhibition is called MESSING WITH YARN. The artists are presenting various themes but the unifying part is the use of knitting, crocheting and lace.
Paulina used yarn for her work “Heartfelt”, and this is how it looks:
About the Art:
Yarn stitching on canvas
12 x 12 inches
Art by Paulina Constancia
“HEARTFELT shows heads, hearts and hands fused together because this symbolises the commitment that my husband and I have to love and nurture our child. I have often told him that I still cannot believe that I could ever love someone as much as I love our child. He would often respond..”I feel exactly the same way.” Most parents can relate to this love and would agree that it burns like the flaming red in this painting. It’s a love that warms and inspires and also keeps you centred and grounded on what matters most in life…” – P.Constancia
“Heartfelt”– detail 1
“Heartfelt”– detail 2
Here are the selected international artists participating in the “MESSING with YARN” exhibition at the Textile Arts Factory in Thessaloniki, Greece:
Ceyda (Jeyda) Oskay
Jeannette von Itter
Mujgan Emre Eroglu
Nesem Ertan Ayata
Pelin Demirtas Dikmen
Exhibition Curator: Vasiliki Asaroglou
Learn about the curious history of the gallery TEXTILE ARTS FACTORY
Here are some snapshots from the PAULINA CONSTANCIA Museum of Naive Art [MoNA] launching:
- Our honored guests -young culture keepers: (L-R) Budoy (Music & Bisdak Culture), Dennis Sugarol (Choral Music), Mary Rose Villacastin-Maghuyop (Dance & Theatre)-each shared an inspiring message
- Some of our Guests
- Welcome Speech by PC, photo with son Lucas
- Budoy, PC & Lucas at the main door of the MoNA
- Our Lady of Joy School Admin & Staff
- PC with high school classmates Carmel & Elka
- A Happy Moment indeed! (L-R) Prof Madrileña de la Cerna, Mary Rose Maghuyop, Loi Alix, Cookie Newman & PC
- Vilma Lee (PC’s mom-in blue) with friends from the Young Ladies Association of Charity & Human Rights Lawyer Atty. Yvonne Artiaga (in white shirt).
- (L-R) Rudy Alix, PC & Lucas, Tonette Pañares, VAMGI President Malou Samson, Loi Alix & Edna Lee (museum designer)
Our bonored guests -young culture keepers: (L-R) Budoy, Music & Bisdak Culture, Dennis Sugarol, Choral Music, and Mary Rose Villacastin-Maghuyop,Dance and Theatre. Each of them shared an inspiring audience.
Some of our guests
Welcome Speech by Paulina Constancia, photo with son Lucas
Budoy, PC and Lucas at the main entrance of the MoNA
Our Lady of Joy School Admin and Staff
PC with High School classmates Carmel and Elka
A Happy Moment indeed! (L-R) Prof Madrileña de la Cerna, Mary Rose Villacastin-Maghuyop, Loi Alix, Cookie Newman and PC
Vilma Lee (PC’s Mom) with friends from the Young Ladies Association of Charity (YLAC) and Human Rights Lawyer Yvonne Artiaga
(L-R) Rudy Alix, PC and Lucas, Tonette Pañares, Malou Samson, Loi Alix and Edna Lee (PC’s sis and museum designer)
Thanks again to all who joined us for the evening, you sure made the MoNA opening a joyous & memorable event.